The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk
This site is provided and supported by Medicinechest Ltd for KOASTA LIMITED T/A The Leys Pharmacy.
You can contact our DPO by wiriting to Medicinechest Ltd, St. Mary's Court, The Broadway, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0UT
Where enabled, the online shopping function on this site is provided by HI Weldrick Ltd whose DPO you can contact in writing, c/o Data Protection Officer, Unit 3B White Rose Park, Ten Pound Walk, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN4 5FB
- KOASTA LIMITED T/A The Leys Pharmacy, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd take your privacy and data protection very seriously.
- Registration on this site is only requested if either online shopping or online nhs repeat prescription ordering is enabled on the site and used by you.
Medicinechest Ltd is your Data Processor for the purposes of providing the services available on this site - nhs online repeat prescription ordering and online appointment booking, the registered user information database.
- Where enabled our online retail sales are processed and filled on our behalf by HI Weldrick Ltd
- HI Weldrick Ltd is your Data Controller for the purposes of processing your online retail orders where shopping is available on website.
- Medcinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd privacy policies are available here and here.
- Your personal information is stored encrypted on servers in the UK and the EEA. Medicinechest Ltd may at times process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area) to deliver site and app services, for example to process email and push notification updates. Medicinechest Ltd shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
- We will otherwise never pass, sell or share your personally identifiable data to third parties except when legally required to do so or when you have specifically given us consent to do so.
You may review, edit, or soft delete your information at any time. ( KOASTA LIMITED T/A The Leys Pharmacy and HI Weldrick Ltd are obliged to keep some data for certain periods of time for the purposes of patient safety, professional pharmacy regulations and NHS record keep and business processing and Medicinechest Ltd may also have to retain your data for those purposes only.)
- If you use the online shopping facility you will receive email updates on your order.
- If you use the online nhs repeat prescription facility on this site you will receive email updates on your prescription request and automated email reminders if you request them. If you use the MyPrescriptions mobile app for Android or IOS, in addition to email updates and reminders, you will receive push notification updates on your request and push notification re-order reminders.
- Every effort has been made to make sure our databases are secure. Your information can only be accessed by KOASTA LIMITED T/A The Leys Pharmacy and trusted HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd staff and IT contractors. Occasionally, information may be viewed by trusted third parties such as Doctors and IT personnel for the purpose of improving this site.
- The site and app, our servers and third party service providers wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However, no data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- Your Community Pharmacist may use the information you supply to help in improving your wellbeing by informing your health decisions through advice, diagnostic testing and the management of chronic conditions. The information you supply here is important and will help KOASTA LIMITED T/A The Leys Pharmacy, HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd understand your health needs better and improve the service given to you.With your permission only, KOASTA LIMITED T/A The Leys Pharmacy, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd may in future use this information to:
- Update you with information on services relevant to you provided by The Leys Pharmacy and the NHS.
- Update you with relevant pharmacy and general health, diet and wellbeing retail offers
- Update you with any public health alerts, drug recalls and changes in treatment advice and also information relevant to your condition(s)
- Medicinechest Ltd and KOASTA LIMITED T/A The Leys Pharmacy may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) in order to describe sales, prescription demand, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, suppliers, medical researchers, sponsors, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose depersonalised aggregated data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose your personal data if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- the administration of justice
- where we have to defend ourselves legally
- complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Medicinechest Ltd or users of our services.
Our pharmacists and their staff are members of your local healthcare team. They aim to provide you with the highest quality of healthcare. To do this they need to keep records about you, your health and the care we have provided or plan to provide to you. We know that you value your privacy and the security of personal information held about you. Information recorded Information recorded may include:
- basic details about you, such as address, date of birth, next of kin;
- records of medicines you have been prescribed by your doctor or another qualified prescriber, and which have been supplied by this pharmacy;
- details of medicines purchased from the pharmacy without a prescription (“over the counter medicines”);
- other details and notes about your health and medical treatment;
- information relevant to your continued care from other people who care for you and know you well, such as other health professionals and relatives. As part of providing a professional, safe and efficient service, there is certain information that we record.
This includes details of drugs and appliances dispensed against NHS prescriptions as well as significant advice given and referrals made to other health professionals. This information won’t be shared with anyone else except under the circumstances described below in ‘Sharing Information’. Sharing Information The information held about you will not be shared for any reason, unless:
- you ask us to do so;
- we ask and you give us specific permission;
- we are required by law, for example prescribers must be notified where a patient presents a repeat prescription and the pharmacist becomes aware of clinically significant issues arising in connection with that prescription;
- we are permitted by law, for example where public interest overrides the need to keep the information confidential.
The types of people we may ask you for permission to share information with include your doctors (GP and hospital) and other health professionals such as nurses. Anyone who receives information from us also has a legal duty to keep this information confidential, subject to recognised exceptions of the types listed above. Your Rights You have the right to confidentiality under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the common law duty of confidence (the Disability Discrimination and the Race Relations Acts may also apply). We also comply with the NHS Code of Practice on Confidentiality and pharmacists have a requirement under their professional Code of Ethics to keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate. All of our staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential. Our guiding principle is that we hold your records in strict confidence.
Your right to view your health record You have the right to ask for a copy of all pharmacy records about you. There may be a charge to have a printed copy of the information held about you. Your request must be made in writing to the pharmacy holding your information. We are required to respond to your request within 40 days. You will need to give adequate information in order for pharmacy staff to identify you (for example, full name, address and date of birth). You will be required to provide ID, for example a passport, full driving license or credit/debit card before any information is released to you. If you think any information we hold on you is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know.